Wednesday 8 May 2013

Bryce Canyon

Bryce Canyon was at the top of the list of places I wanted to see in America. Having been saying how amazing and awesome the Painted Desert, Grand Canyon etc have been, we were wondering if it would just be more of the same. Well no, it isn't. It's Different, it's jaw dropping. When I walked to the edge and saw the first view, I was lost for words, it was just - Wow! 
The tall columns are called hoodoos. Mostly viewed from above, it is a fabulous view. You can walk down into the valleys in a few places, but you do need to be prepared as it is steep, no railings, and can be hot. Of course, coming out is uphill all the way. We walked down to the first level only just to see some of the hoodoos from below.
I  wanted to see this place, and it sure didn't disappoint! I didn't want to leave, but...



1 comment:

  1. It looks incredible in the pictures - I cannot even imagine what it looks like in real life!

    ReplyDelete